The non ionizing radiation produced by mobile phones pose some threat to humans too. It can cause some damage to our brain and tissues. The low power microwaves produced by cell phones are less harmful compared to other ionizing radiations. Through this tips and tricks post I am trying to introduce some efficient tips to reduce cell phone radiations.
1) Always use a mobile headset. This will prevent mobile radiations to be in direct contact with human body. If possible avoid holding mobile phones adjacent to your face. The headset that we are getting along with mobile phones can still transmit some radiation through the wires; but only at reduced power levels.
2) It is better to send text messages/SMs rather than talking. Texting prevents direct contact of human body with radiations.
3) Try to avoid using mobile phones when the signal strength is low. Antennas in the mobile phones will emit large amount of radiations so as to send the microwave signal to the mobile tower.
4) The next tip is to make use of wired land phones too. Using landlines is the safest way to be in a communication call.
5) Try to put your mobile phones a little away from your ears. Don’t press it firmly on to your ears.
6) Put your mobile phone to your ears only after the call gets connected. This trick is advised since mobile phones emit large amount of radiation when a mobile call is established.
7) Please avoid putting your mobile phones in the shirt and jeans/pant pockets. Try to use your handbags; otherwise buy a mobile carry wallet.
8) Encourage the use of mobile speaker phones if you are in a silent location. This will prevent radiations from mobile handsets affecting our brain to a great extend.
9) Using mobile phones while driving or while travelling in train, elevators or other moving vehicles will increase the chances of radiation. This is due to the fact that while moving the mobile phones will switch their receiving signal towers to get more signal strength. Try to lessen the use of mobile handsets while you are moving.
10) Food rich in antioxidants must become a part of our daily diet (apple, cherry, beans). Mobile radiations can reduce the level of antioxidants whose deficiency may lead to various diseases.
11) Use mobile phones having a much lower Special Absorption Ratio (SAR). This information is available along with the booklet/brochure provided while purchasing a handset.
12) Prevent children from using mobile phones excessively. This is due to the fact that cell phone radiations can easily affect the developing brain and tissues of the kids.
13) Always keep in mind that try to avoid using mobile phones when the battery charge of your mobile phone is very less.
14) Discourage the use of wireless devices like wireless printer, wireless mouse, Wi-Fi to the maximum possible extend. Wired connections are always safer than wireless ones.
15) Remember that Bluetooth headsets are not fully safer. Usage of Bluetooth headsets can only reduce the radiation levels to a great extend. Interchange the headset between our both ears.
Author: Linto Mathew