Dear Friends…..Through this post I am trying to explain to you how to cut a Blu Ray video or a 720p (Half HD) or a 1080p (Full HD) video…..Cutting Blu Ray video has always been a very difficult task for everyone since no major video splitting softwares does not support Blu Ray video cutting…..Try this trick which I am explaining to you and report me the bugs…..
Click on all the images to enlarge them
1) Go to this video link in your web browser and click on the name of your corresponding operating system (OS).The link is http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html
2) In the top side of that webpage you will find the names of various OS.Since I am using Windows , I have clicked on it.
3) On clicking on the corresponding OS name ( In my case it is Windows) it will lead to the corresponding download area….Then click on that 7 Zip archive…It will start downloading a 5.7 MB rar file named mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.3.0
Users having Windows OS can Click on the following link to download that software ( Skip steps 1,2 & 3)
4) After Downloading that mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.3.0.rar file. Extract that file using a rar extracting software like Winrar or Winzip. On extracting you will get a 29.6 MB file named mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.3.0
5) Open that file…You will see an icon named mmg. Click on that icon.
6) It will show you a window like this…Now add the video that you want to cut by clicking on the add button.In the track chapters and tag sections all inbuilt files of that vide will come…Never mind what if comes in track chapters and tag sections .
7) Now select the Global tab shown above..Now give a tick mark against Enable Splitting under Splitting tab…In this section we are inputting in which time slots we want to cut our video.
8) Videos can be cut in 3 ways..
a) After this size. After fixed size of the video file…..See the screen shot below
b) After this duration. After certain regular durations…..Here I have given like after one minute ( 00:01:00 ) since my test video is only 2 minutes.
Always remember the format for giving time slots…Its in the format ( hour:minute:second)….Example is (05:01:25——5 hours,one minute,25 seconds)
c) After timecodes. It will cut the video into two after the time we are giving. Here I have given like after one minute ( 00:01:00 )
Select the desired option of your choice…
9) Select the directory to which the new splitted video is to be saved
10) Then click on Start Muxing….Wait for the muxing to complete….
Chech the output file directory….Your Blu Ray or HD video is now splitted….