Every one knows how to create documents using Microsoft word. But most of us are not aware of the password protection feature in the Word. Its very quick and simple method. Just follow these steps.
This feature is available only in Word 2007 and 2010.
- Click on the Office button at the top left corner of the window
- Select the “Save As” option from the menu
- Now select the “Tools”option at the bottom of the pop up window and from the drop down menu select “General options”.
- In the next window there are two fields
1) Password to open- By enabling this option a password will be asked every time when someone tries to open the document. No one will be able to view the document without entering the password
2) Password to modify – By enabling this option when someone tries to modify the content of the document a password will be asked.